WHAT IS PORTLAND GREENFEST?
Portland Greenfest is Southern Maine’s largest environmental festival, seeing thousands of attendees each year. In 2017, we had a whole menu of interactive fun throughout the day:
- Learn from a wide array of exhibitors how you can make your home or business more “Green” and save money too!
- Fun for kids of all ages! Eco-friendly artmaking, games, and a bee-themed kids’ parade in the afternoon! Learn more about our whole menu of interactive play here.
- We’ll shine a spotlight on food system resilience. With a gleaned foods exchange, smoothie bike, demos on food preservation and composting, you’ll leave with a new (or renewed!) passion for locally grown Maine foods. Click here to learn more.
- Thinking about getting a new car soon? Check out (and even test drive!) the newest menu of electric and hybrid cars from Kia, right onsite!
- Hear some of Southern Maine’s best musicians, live onstage!
Check back at this website for updates as we add activities and information. Click here to get on our email list for updates.
The team at Portland Greenfest is grateful to the organizers of Boston GreenFest, which began in 2008 and is now preparing for its 10th year! The Executive Director of Boston GreenFest and the founder of Foundation for a Green Future, Dr. Karen Weber gave generously of her time, experience and contacts in the creation of Portland Greenfest. A wonderful multi-state partnership has been born and we are eternally grateful for her dedication, vision and help!
Boston GreenFest has become a landmark event to educate people about matters concerning the environment as well as how to live more sustainably, all while giving them the chance to have fun and celebrate our amazing planet and cultures. With a goal to educate and empower people to create a more sustainable, healthier world, Boston GreenFest spans age, culture and industry. They connect businesses, nonprofits, neighborhood associations and academic institutions in a mutual goal of sharing a message of positive solidarity. In this, their tenth year, Boston GreenFest will be a zero waste event, with the help of local partners. In addition, they’ll have three live stages of dance and music along with a showcase of innovation, fashion, vendors, forums, films, cars, fitness classes, art, EcoKids Center, robots, Wine & Beer Garden, Casa Latina, and more! Be sure to check them out if you’re in the area – this year’s event will be held on August 11 – 13. For more information, please visit their website.